A more intelligent way to enter the VoIP market
The Quintum Tenor Carrier MultiPath Switch offers a two or an eight-port chassis to give service providers, CLECs, ISPs and next-generation service providers an easy, cost-effective way to deliver low-cost, high-quality voice services over IP networks. The Tenor supports H.323 or SIP, intelligent call routing, and QoS all in one solution. Tenor CMS provides the functionality required to support applications such as:
|• Wholesale VoIP Termination||• Tandem Switching|
|• Call Centers||• VoIP Local Access|
|• Least Cost Routing||• Calling Cards|
Carrier class intelligence delivers a complete application solution.
Integrated VoIP and Circuit Switching: Complete VoIP/circuit switch intelligently switches calls between circuits (DS0s) and IP, between multiple circuits and between IP endpoints.
Advanced Call Routing Support: Quintum’s external VoIP Call Routing Server provides scalable, centralized network routing control and administration for larger networks. Provides enhanced network-wide routing flexibility including QoS routing, least cost routing, source based routing, and extensive network routing statistics/report generation.
Network Management Support: Quintum’s external Network Management Server helps lower maintenance costs through centralized provisioning, alarm monitoring, CDR collecting and real time call monitoring.
Enhanced Interactive Voice Response (IVR): Supports multiple user selectable languages and prompts.
PacketSaver™ intelligence minimizes network congestion.
PacketSaver™ Technology allows the Tenor to reduce bandwidth consumption up to 50%, by combining voice packets from several calls into a single packet to minimize bandwidth overhead.
NATAccess™ intelligence means greater security.
The Tenor VoIP MultiPath Switch also features a unique technology that allows it to operate behind NAT-enabled firewalls. The innovative NATAccess™ solution overcomes the problem of NAT firewalls not correctly translating internal IP addresses into public addresses when a VoIP call is established with an outside party.
Support for SS7/C7.
Tenor CMS is able to support SS7/C7 using an external signaling gateway*.
* Quintum product purchased separately.
CALL MANAGEMENT FEATURES
• Automatic call type detection: Voice/Modem/Fax
• Answer and Disconnect Supervision
• Trunk group support
• Public and private dial plan support
• Automated load balancing
• Forced routing
• Pass-through support for calls to toll-free, local and special services numbers (i.e., emergency services)
• Automatic appending and stripping of digits to dialed numbers
• Call Detail Records
• Least cost routing with Quintum VoIP Call Routing Server*
• Voice algorithms: G.723.1 and G.729ab, G.711
• Auto codec negotiation
• Fax support: Industry Standard T.38 and Group III at 2.4, 4.8, 7.2, 9.6, 14.4 Kbps
• Modem Over IP
• Coding: A-law, µ-law
• PRI Signaling Protocols: National ISDN-2, Euro ISDN NET5, Japan INS-NET1500,
KDD, 4ESS, 5ESS, DMS100
• T1 CAS (E&M, Loop Start, Feature Group-D, DTMF, MF)
• E1 CAS (R2 MF)
• Tandem/TDM switching
• SS7/C7 support using an external SS7 signaling gateway
• VoIP to circuit, and circuit to circuit(Tandem/TDM) switching
IP Network Specifications
• LAN Interface: Fast Ethernet port (10/100 Base-T)
• Standard RJ-45 Interface (IEEE 802.3) for 10 Base-T or 100 Base-T connection
• QoS Support: IP TOS
Configuration / Management
• Network Management Server interface for network-wide administration and monitoring
• Central provisioning and management
• SNMPv2 Agent
• Alarm/Fault detection and reporting
• Command Line Interface
VoIP Network Specifications
• H.323 v.3 Gateway and Integrated Gatekeeper
• SIP User Agent (RFC3261 compliant endpoint)
• SIP RFC2833 In-Band DTMF Signaling
• SIP Refer Method support
• IVR/RADIUS server support for AAA with integrated multilingual IVR
• Adaptive Voice Activity Detection (VAD) with Comfort Noise Generation (CNG)
• Adaptive Jitter Buffer
• Carrier Grade Echo Cancellation: ITU Rec. G.165/G.168, up to 128 msec tail size
• Packet Loss Compensation
• Security: IP Filtering
• System Controller (CPU) with Fast Ethernet port 10/100 Base-T
• DS-1 8 Port (T1/E1/PRI) Line Interface Card with built-in CSU. Individual spans software
configurable between T1 and E1; accepts one or two plug-in DSP resource modules.
• DSP-120 DSP Resource Module supports up to 120 simultaneous VoIP calls
• Operating temperature: 40° F – 104° F (5° C – 40° C)
• Operating humidity: 20% – 80% non-condensing
• Telco: FCC Part 68, TS-016, TBR4, TS-038, CS03
• EMC: FCC Part 15 Class A, EN55022 Class A, EN55024, EN61000-2-3, EN61000-3-3
• Safety: UL60950, EN60950, AS/NZS60950
2 Slot Chassis (1U)
W 17 1/2″ x H 1 3/4″ x D 11 7/8″
W 44.5cm x H 4.5cm x D 30.2cm
• Maximum weight: 11.5 lbs (5.25kg)
• AC Power: 100-240 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 300 watts
• DC Power: -40 – -60 Volts DC, 300 watts
8 Slot Chassis (4U)
W 17″ x H 7″ x D 11 7/8″
W 44.5cm x H 17.8cm x D 30.2cm
• Maximum weight: 27.6 lbs (12.5 kg)
• AC Power: 100-240 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 600 watts
• DC Power: -40 – -60 Volts DC, 600 watts
QUINTUM DX 4120
QUINTUM DX 2048
QUINTUM DX 2024
QUINTUM DX 4096
QUINTUM TENOR CMS MPC-8
QUINTUM Tenor MPC-2
QUINTUM Tenor AXT2400
Quintum Tenor GW CLI Guide
Quintum Tenor Config manager